I joined the Boba team to support blogging and international online advocacy for babywearing but my history with Boba is a longer, more personal one.
I met Robert and Elizabeth Antunovic, and their beautiful children, when I moved in next door to them on a small street in North Boulder a couple of years ago. I was working as the media and communications director for an international sustainability company. Naturally, we found ourselves talking about online engagement, media and public relations, and lots of sustainability issues, usually while hanging out in the grass with the kids, or sharing watermelon on the steps between our homes.
Though not a mother myself, babywearing, natural parenting and family travel are all things I’ve been inspired by and have learned a lot about through my friendship with the Antunovic family. I’m happy to now be helping to spread the word about the benefits and mission of Boba Family and babywearing as a member of their team.
Born and raised in Lansing, Michigan, I spend time in both Boulder (where I’ve lived since 1999) and Santiago, Chile where I live with my partner, Pablo, support socially beneficial business projects through communications work, and express myself creatively through singing, writing, painting and ceramics.
Posts by Heather:
- How To Get More Mama Solo Time and Why It Really Does Matter,
- Traveling Alone with a Baby, Lessons Learned, Flight Tips Enclosed,
- A Path Traveled Better Together (Cooperative Mamahood),
- Are We Helping Our Kids To Be Happy? Reconsidering the Criteria for Joy,
- In Her Own Time: Musing on Walking and Other Developmental Milestones,
- That First Year’s a Doozie: Tips to Thriving In New Mamaland,
- Would You Let Someone Else Breastfeed Your Baby?,
- Why All This Parenting Style Stuff Matters Even When It Feels Like It Shouldn’t,
- My (Un)Glamorous Expat Beach Mama Routine (A Day In the Life),
- Will Your Birth Experience Reflect Your Life Habits?,