Great post. I was watching a program just the other day on this very thing and how more are using affirmations through the birthing process.
10 Positive Affirmations for Homebirth and Unassisted Birth
Making the decision to have your baby at home isn’t as radical as it was 15 years ago but there will still be a few people who cock their heads and look at you like you’ve lost your mind. If you’ve ever seen a birth reenactment or portray on television, it’s not hard to understand why. For the sake of entertainment, birth has been made out to be less of a normal, biological function and more of a wretched, horrible spectacle. When preparing one’s mind for a homebirth, whether midwife-attended or an unassisted birth, it is important to calm one’s mind, first and foremost. Just as professional athletes spend time visualizing scoring the winning touchdown or crossing the finish line in record time, take the time to imagine a serene, calm, and beautiful birth experience. Keep away from fearful people and scary media. Trust in your body and your ability to listen to your baby’s messages. Write down your dreams and mediate on them for wisdom and insights into what your body and baby may need. One thing that really helped me were positive affirmations. I loved reading them, reciting them to myself and watching videos with positive messages. Here are 10 Positive Birth Affirmations for your own use. Learn and believe them!
- I am in tune with my body and my baby.
- My ability to listen to my baby gets stronger every day.
- My body is build for childbirth.
- I joyfully anticipate the birth of my baby.
- I am supported and surrounded by love at all times.
- My muscles are strong and relaxed.
- My body is vibrant and healthy.
- I am on the path intended for me.
- My baby and I are in constant communication.
- I am so thankful for this birth experience.